Thursday, August 21, 2008

"do not question authority. do not question authority. do not question..."

~
I saw the trailer for this movie on another blog and it has me intrigued, to say the very least. To quote the blog I found it on, "It's an interesting analysis of our world of science today and how scientists that study and believe in Intelligent Design are being rejected to the point that they are thrown out of their research circles and fired from their jobs. The narrator and investigator (Ben Stein) makes an interesting point about free speech and how this seems to be one area where there is only one acceptable answer today, Darwinism... One scientist, siding with evolution, makes an interesting point, and says, 'They're distracting you from what's important.' I couldn't agree more, except for one detail... who is doing the distracting?"
~
I can respect the work of all scientists and the intelligence and progress that they can offer. But as Ben Stein says in the trailer, "The more I thought about the situation, the more I wondered why we tolerate free speech in every other area of society, but not here. What makes this situation so different? In my experience, people that are confident in their ideas are not afraid of criticism, so that tells me the Darwins are afraid." Why is it so difficult to believe that we as humans have within us a spark of the Divine?
~
I don't recall noticing this movie coming to a theatre near me last spring, so I plan on making a stop at Blockbuster to rent it. I'd be curious to know the thoughts of anyone that has already viewed it. Watch the trailer. Just that couple of minutes alone brings up some very, very interesting points.
~
It makes me grateful to know that I don't have to rely on scientific evidence to tell me where I came from or how I was created. Just witnessing the bold colors of a sunset, or drawing in the crisp smell of the mountain air, or looking into the faces of my children, is all the proof I need that something, Someone had a hand in my life and the world around me.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Let me know if you find it - I would love to see that! I had a genetics professor once who taught divine intervention but it was pretty hush hush. That is interesting!

Whit said...

I would be so interested in watching that too! I agree with you I feel so blessed to know that Someone had a hand in my life and I'm not just made up on Mud and Lighting! Thanks for sharing! Love you!

Whit said...

I would be so interested in watching that too! I agree with you I feel so blessed to know that Someone had a hand in my life and I'm not just made up on Mud and Lighting! Thanks for sharing! Love you!

Whit said...

I would be so interested in watching that too! I agree with you I feel so blessed to know that Someone had a hand in my life and I'm not just made up on Mud and Lighting! Thanks for sharing! Love you!

"The democracy will cease to exist when you TAKE AWAY from those who are willing to work AND GIVE to those who would not."



Thomas Jefferson