Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Is it Belgium or Belgian?

Alright, I know the anticipation has been mounting.

May I formally present to you all my beautiful,
shiny, YUMMY birthday gift:


TA-DA!!!!!!Isn't it gorgeous? Isn't it divine?
I've wanted one so desperately the past couple years
and now I have one of my very own!
And just to brag a little here...this is the
kind of waffle maker you see at hotels...
the INDUSTRIAL kind!
Here's the inaugural waffle (after this one I learned I needed a little more batter to make the waffles complete, rotund circles). But look how GOLDEN brown it is! Look at the deep pockets! If you could have tasted them...oh, my goodness...so crunchy and sweet on the outside, but heavenly fluffiness on the inside. And one of the best parts? It gives an audible "BEEP" when the waffle is ready, so the multi-tasking "chef" (I use that word lightly in reference to myself) does not get distracted and burn breakfast.
You want some, don't you?

Thanks, Mom & Dad!

I love it!!!


(So much that I think Brett
may be getting jealous.)


P.S. It's a BELGIAN waffle, which is the most common

type of waffle found in the country of
BELGIUM.

Hope Sig1

4 comments:

Shafferprincess said...

I got one of those a couple of years ago for Christmas, and we LOVE it!! In fact, it's the same one that you just got!! I'm never going back to a plain old waffle maker. Have fun with your toy!

Megs said...

I'm jealous. I want one! So my mom actually brought her's over on Sunday and made "dessert" waffles and topped them with blueberry sauce and whipped cream....so divine. I have the recipe if you would like it!
Again, I'm jealous. I think we should have a neighborhood breakfast in the backyard. You bring the waffles! ;)

Annie said...

We have the same waffle maker. Chris was so excited when he saw it at Costco. He is the waffle man at our house. He uses it just about every week, he loves it. Waffles and strawberries...that looks so yummy! You'll have to share any yummy waffle recipes you have. We have one that is spectacular!

Wonderland Girl said...

I WANT ONE OF THOSE. I WANTED IT FIRST. THEREFORE THAT ONE SHOULD BE MINE. GIVE IT.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you TAKE AWAY from those who are willing to work AND GIVE to those who would not."



Thomas Jefferson