Thursday, December 2, 2010

Angels, From the Realms of Glory

Each year the Mormon Tabernacle Choir invites a well-known guest or two to join them for their astounding Christmas Concert. They go all out - decorations, symphony, costumes, props, musical arrangements. I'm still amazed this is free to the public if you're lucky enough to win the tickets in the drawing! Each week I'm going to post my favorite performances.

Every year presents a one-of-a-kind concert with its own unique performances, but they always end with this breathtaking arrangement of the familiar "Angels We Have Heard on High". I've never been disapointed and look forward to the finale with great anticipation! Here's two from 2007 and 2008 (I believe). They're both incredible but my absolute favorite is Sissel's performance...her voice, those bells...My goodness!!! (P.S. Once the credits start, fast forward to about 6:30 or so on each video - they do an encore that will blow you away!)




No comments:

"The democracy will cease to exist when you TAKE AWAY from those who are willing to work AND GIVE to those who would not."



Thomas Jefferson