Monday, October 20, 2008

chilly weather, warm hearts * General Conference Weekend

We so enjoyed our G.C. weekend in Vernal! After the Saturday morning session we took a beautiful fall drive up to Flaming Gorge Lodge for a tasty lunch. I love their Navajo Tacos!




(Dad loves 'em, too.)
Then we came home and relaxed for the rest of the weekend.
Colette, Jo, and Kelly came over to show mom the scrapbook they've been
working on for her birthday. They had the decade "2000+".
Great job guys! How's everyone else's decade coming along???

Mmmm...
Nothing like Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
on a chilly day to warm up the soul!
Halle loved helping Grandma make
the noodles from scratch.

4 comments:

Nickole -n- Kye said...

What a special moment for Halle! I remember "helping" grandma with cooking, I always felt so special! She definately has her way of making each person she's with feel like her favorite! I'm so jealous you went to the lodge, I haven't been there in YEARS, I love their burgers! I love you Hopey!!!

Josh and Kristen said...

Looks like fun. I am glad you got to have a good weekend at home.

Nickole -n- Kye said...

I honestly don't think Kye even remembers that I have a blog!! Thanks for the great ideas!!!

Wonderland Girl said...

Yay! Hi Grandma and Grandpa! Or as I like to call them, Mom and Dad. :)

"The democracy will cease to exist when you TAKE AWAY from those who are willing to work AND GIVE to those who would not."



Thomas Jefferson