Friday, October 24, 2008

Just do it.

Thanks to Ashlee, my wonderful sister-in-law who let me take complete advantage of her staying with us for a couple days, I had a babysitter for my kids while I made a stop at the Bountiful Library to vote early. Even if you don't have a sitter (you can call me), I want to encourage everyone to get out there and VOTE. Don't vote? Then don't complain. Make it easier on yourself and do it now--then on Nov. 4 sit back, relax, and cross your fingers that your candidate is the one with the most tallies. It felt good to have my say and even a relief to know I'd said it--only taking a short twenty minutes out of my life. I know some people feel their vote doesn't count. But I disagree. I'm not naive. I know there are flaws in the system, and I understand why some people might feel their vote is pointless. But have your say. Let America know what you want, what you feel you deserve to have. I almost wanted to cry walking back to the car afterwards, because I felt honored to live here, in a country that lets me say what I think, pray to Whom I choose, and do whatever the heck I, as a law-abiding citizen, want to do with my life and my family's lives. So no matter who your candidates of choice may be (let's hope they are the same as mine), you owe it to yourself, your kids, and the country, to do your part. Just do it.
.
You'll even get a neat little sticker to show for it.

No comments:

"The democracy will cease to exist when you TAKE AWAY from those who are willing to work AND GIVE to those who would not."



Thomas Jefferson