Thursday, April 9, 2009

is it terrible...

...that nearly every day at 2:00 I have to take a little nap? I'm just exhausted lately and it's gotten to the point where I feel like I can't finish out my day without some extra rest. I lay there and think, "I really should clean my baseboards, they look grey instead of white" or "If I don't do a load of whites, it's very possible no one will have underwear tomorrow", and yet I can't help myself.

Some days I don't get the luxury, and it's on those days you should definitely avoid me in the evening because by then I'm a total zombie/beast combo. But about half the days of the week, I have the opportunity to have an hour to myself while the boys do quiet time and although I know I should spend the 60 minutes more wisely, I simply cannot help myself. I put the phones on silent, slip under a fleece blanket, and within seconds (or so it seems) I'm completely out.

What does this say about me? Am I lazy? Unmotivated?
You know what? I really don't care. I say it keeps my sanity in check.
But still...I don't know of any other grown adults who "have" to take a daily nap.
What is with me???

4 comments:

Wonderland Girl said...

you're either really old (i.e. my dad who never misses his nap)

or pregnant?

Hope said...

that's really, really UN-funny.

to be clear: I am NOT pregnant.

:) but thanks for the laugh, ali.

The Hoopers said...

I admit to being a napper too. I don't always get one, but I always want one. I'm sure everyone in my house appreciates me having one too!

Heather said...

Good for you! I think napping makes us better moms, right? Unfortunately, I only get one about every other week- but I grab it when I can. Go sleep!

"The democracy will cease to exist when you TAKE AWAY from those who are willing to work AND GIVE to those who would not."



Thomas Jefferson