Friday, September 11, 2009

finding hope.



I enjoy these videos the Church puts on YouTube. They average one a week and watching them grants me an opportunity to feel and ponder spiritual things. This video reminded me of something else: Recently, Brett and I watched a touching movie called Charlotte Gray*. In it, a woman is asked which is more important: love or hope? She replied hope. I think her answer is very true in many respects...when one feels their world is shaken, when the light seems to be growing dim, it is the glimmer of hope, even if faint, that keeps a person moving forward and holds them back from giving up. Hope and faith are what enable us to endure.

* By the way, I'd highly recommend this movie. It's a bit slow to start, but once it gets going it's extremely moving.

Hope Sig1

1 comment:

Tif said...

Thanks for sharing the video. I love the ones the church puts out too and hadn't had a chance to watch this one yet.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you TAKE AWAY from those who are willing to work AND GIVE to those who would not."



Thomas Jefferson