Monday, September 21, 2009

a visit from "Verruca Plantaris" (a story of removal)

BEFORE:
Happy, Naive Halle...just excited to visit
the doctor and get a sucker.
Thinks it's cool she's getting so much attention.
Likes to show off the warties.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The biggest "verruca": Mr. Planter himself.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
AFTER:
A much wiser, unhappier Halle,
having lived through the wart-freeze.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Riding in a wheelchair makes everything better.
Also, having your little brother push the "panic" button
in the elevator proves to be quite entertaining as well.
(Heard by everyone within earshot of the elevator and lobby,
a computerized voice repeatedly stating:
"Attention! Emergency in Elevator 1, IHC Building South!")
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
As a side-note, I just have to add a special bit to this story...
While the dr. was freezing the warts,
Halle was clinging to me as I held her.
I started whisper-singing in her ear her favorite primary song,
A Child's Prayer.
She was still crying, but I was amazed at
how much calmer she became.
She stopped yelling and squirming and began
to take deep breaths through her silent tears.
"The song of the righteous is a prayer unto me..."
I'm grateful He heard a mother's prayer for her child.

Hope Sig1

2 comments:

Nickole -n- Kye said...

Oh my gosh! I so know her pain! It HURTS SO BAD!!! I was crying when I got mine taken off! So glad it's over!!

Tif said...

What a brave girl. Way to go Halle!

"The democracy will cease to exist when you TAKE AWAY from those who are willing to work AND GIVE to those who would not."



Thomas Jefferson