Friday, October 8, 2010

milestones.

Last month brought the realization of a couple milestones.

One being the fact that Alison and I have been
best friends for 28 years.
I can't say that about too many people.


Syd

Brett, Al, Morgan: 3 of my favorite people ever
-

Another favorite person: Grandma


And the big milestone (the reason we drove to Vernal in the first place)
is the fact that my father has been on this earth for * 80 years *.
So of course we had to celebrate, but because it's DAD, we kept it low-key, just like he'd want it. A family potluck dinner with pie for dessert - because that's what Dad likes: Pie and Family.
For his birthday, everyone in the family submitted their favorite memories of Dad or what they like most about him. We put them in a book and presented at the dinner. Reading the entries brought tears and laughter - the cornerstones of a life thus far well-lived.






Danielle & Eliza
-
Kimball and "Harry Potter"


Halle (with a funny face) and Parker

Mark, Brett, Cassidy, & Kael
-
Fawn, Wendy, Paige, Calvin, & Natalie

Dad, Josh, Cal, & Carson
-
The day before the party, Nicky and Kye welcomed baby #2, sweet Liam.
I told her how thoughtful it was for her to time his birth so perfectly with my visit!
Halle loved the poop.
-
But not as much as holding him.

2 comments:

Nickole -n- Kye said...

Thank you so so much for posting these pictures, I've been waiting and waiting for someone to put something up. I feel I really missed out (for good reason but still). Thanks a bunch!

Heidi said...

I love your dad! He's looking good! (Wouldn't have ever guessed he's already 80!) Cute pics of your kids!

"The democracy will cease to exist when you TAKE AWAY from those who are willing to work AND GIVE to those who would not."



Thomas Jefferson