Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The House of Mouse

Yuck. This is my life right now. A mouse in my kitchen. And until he is caught, all of my frequently used dishes, silverware, pans, bowls, etc. are out on my kitchen table so that I don't freak about "mice germs" and have to clean them with bleach every single day. Not a fun time to be at my house. And hopefully sooner than later, it will be a bad day for the mouse as well. So far he has avoided the 8 (yes, EIGHT) traps we have set for them with peanut butter.
*
Maybe he has a peanut allergy.

4 comments:

Tif said...

Yuck! I'm so sorry. We had a mouse a few years back and I called Erik at work in a panic when I found the "evidence." I was so shaken up that he thought someone had broken into the house. We never did find it, but we haven't seen any traces of it since. I lived in fear for months afterwards.

I think they are on to the mouse trap thing. I've heard that chocolate frosting works really well, but we didn't catch ours, so I can't say it worked for us. Good luck!

Brandis said...

Eewww! I remember my mom setting mouse traps and putting chairs over them to keep us from accidentally stepping on them. I also remember the sound of a mouse trap going off late at night and the dread of having to go empty it. :) My mom used to use marshmallows, so maybe you could try that if your mouse/mice have peanut allergies. :)

Wonderland Pearls & Purses said...

Just don't do the poison! They eat it and die in your house somewhere! EWWWWW.

Josh and Kristen said...

I would be freaking out! When we had Lucy, mice would come in from the field to eat her food and I was always scared they would get in our house. At night, they would scratch at the foundation, and I was always afraid I would wake up with a mouse in my face!

"The democracy will cease to exist when you TAKE AWAY from those who are willing to work AND GIVE to those who would not."



Thomas Jefferson